The High Energy Physics Group's research is based upon experiments at high energy particle accelerators, with group members making up part of international collaborations working on experiments at CERN, Geneva, at Fermilab, Chicago, and on R&D activities for a future Linear Collider. The group is also interested in a range of theoretical problems with a phenomenological emphasis.
The major projects of the HEP Group at the Cavendish are:
- ATLAS: a general purpose detector for the LHC at CERN.
- The Large Hadron Collider beauty experiment (LHCb): CP violation and b-quark physics at the LHC.
- The Main Injector Neutrino Oscillation Search (MINOS) at Fermilab
- Research and Development for Future Collider Experiments
- Cavendish HEP Theory Group