Dr. Mike Towler
Royal Society Research Fellow
College Lecturer at Emmanuel College
Group: Theory of Condensed Matter
Room 529 Mott Building,
JJ Thomson Avenue,
Cambridge CB3 0HE.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 337378
Email: mdt26 "at" cam.ac.uk
Group Secretary / Administrator / Personal Assistant:
Tel: +44 (0)1223 337254
Fax: +44 (0)1223 337356
Email: tcmadmin "at" phy.cam.ac.uk
I am a Royal Society research fellow in the Theory of Condensed Matter (TCM) Group at the Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge and a College Lecturer at Emmanuel College. For more biographical information, please visit my homepage.
- Electronic structure theory and its use in the first principles simulation of matter (condensed or otherwise). I use a mixture of quantum Monte Carlo, density functional theory and various "quantum chemistry" methods.
- Development of the theory of the quantum Monte Carlo method and our implementation of it in the Cambridge quantum Monte Carlo code "CASINO".
- Foundational issues in quantum mechanics.
- The relationship between quantum chemistry and theoretical physics.
- Fundamental problems in density functional theory.
- The physics of strongly-correlated systems from the point of view of electronic structure theories.
Research Group - Theory of Condensed Matter
A list of selected publications.