Cambridge University Library'spage is the best place to access web-based electronic resources, including citation and many other databases, eJournals and eBooks.
Resources for Physics are available here.
Additional links to physics and other resources
- British Library Public Catalogue
- PINAKES (Heriot Watt subject launchpad) giving access to "PhysicsWeb Resources", "Psci-com", PSIgate", "SciCentral" and "Biogate" portals, together with BUBL and Niss gateways, amongst others.
- PhysLink, a Canadian site providing news, online education and reference, and discussion group
- PhysNet, an English language link from Germany to worldwide Physics Departments and their documents networks
- PSIgate (Physical Sciences Information Gateway)
- NTIS (National Technical Information Service) for technical reports
- About Physics provides many physics resources and links. It is primarily aimed at undergraduates
- NIST Physics Laboratory
- APS physical review focus selections from Physical Review and Physical Review Letters for students and researchers
- SPIRES HEP Literature Database more than 450,000 high energy physics related articles dating from 1974 from Stanford University site
- Mathematical physics preprint archive
- The Patent Office provides access to published patent and information reports, application databases of the UK and European Patent Offices
- Nobel Foundation
- Whipple Museum of the History of Science
Societies, institutions and associations:
- IoP Institute of Physics
- ESPRC The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
- STFC The Science and Technology Facilities Council
- NAS National Academy of Sciences
- IAU International Astronomical Union
- ESF European Science Foundation
- IUCr International Union of Crystallography
- ANS American Nuclear Society
- AWISE Association for Women in Science and Engineering
The above Web sites include a brief selection of those available. If you have found any others that you would like us to include, please pass the site address to members of the Library staff.